Amazon Launched the Indian range of Amazon Alexa Echo Devices in October 2017 . Until then, the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Plus have only been available via Amazon.in where users need to request an invitation to purchase before completing the transaction. But all that is about to change as these devices will be sold to everyone like other purchase from amazon or offline purchase from any retail technology store.
The offline purchase of Amazon Alexa Echo Devices should be available in 2018. This should coincide with the removal of the invitation system from Amazon.in. Opening up the way for you to purchase the smart speakers like any other product. It’s worth pointing out that Amazon has been pretty generous in handing out these “invitations”. They have been available to pretty much everyone who’s put in a request, often within hours.
At the time of the India launch of the Amazon Alexa Echo Devices, Amazon had said post the invite-only period, it will make Amazon Alexa Echo smart speakers available via Croma, Reliance Digital stores, and other offline retail technology channels.
Amazon Alexa Echo range of devices launched in India with a starting price of Rs. 4,499 for the tiny Echo Dot which comes with a 0.6” tweeter. Amazon Alexa Echo Devices comes im three different color options Black, White, Grey to match your style. The bigger Echo with dual speakers (2.5″ woofer, 0.6″ tweeter) has a pricetag of Rs. 9,999, and the Echo Plus with a built-in smart home hub has a pricetag of Rs. 14,999. All devices are powered by Alexa, Amazon’s virtual assistant and you can control them with voice to perform various tasks like playing music, controlling smart home devices, setting timers, shopping or asking basic trivia questions.
Features of Amazon Alexa Echo Devices
- Echo connects to Alexa-a cloud-based voice service-to play music, set alarms and timers, provide information, check your calendar, weather, and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control smart home devices, and more-instantly.
- Just ask for a song, artist, or genre and it can play music from your favourite services like Amazon Prime Music, Saavn, TuneIn, and more.
- Powerful speakers that fill the room with immersive, 360° omnidirectional audio, and deliver crisp vocals and dynamic bass response.
- With seven microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction- even in noisy environments or while playing music.
- Just ask Alexa to control lights, switches, and more with compatible connected devices from Philips, Syska and others.
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to order food from Zomato, request a ride from Ola, book a carpenter from Urbanclap, and more.
Amazon was offering a 30 percent discount on the above prices to early adopters. But right now Amazon.in has all Echo products listed at their full prices. Another launch benefit of free one-year Prime membership (worth Rs. 999) is still being offered with the purchase of the Echo devices. At this point, it’s unclear if this benefits will go away with general availability of these products.